Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Sometimes I'm Smart.

But occasionally it takes a while.

I wanted tank plants for my fish pond, so I was looking around on eBay. Found some for a decent price and then researched how to make them myself / what the difference was between aquarium plants and regular silk plants.

The difference is the metal and that's about it. Maybe some dyes leaching out of some kinds, but I would look at what my local craft store had and worry about the dyes after I found out what they had to offer.

Picked up some nice plastic grassy pieces for $7 each, and one leafy type just for variation. After a horrible catastrophe involving silicone and pebbles, I got frustrated and tried it another way.

Eggcrate shoved into a basket and then sunk into the pond. It worked! It worked so well I'm going to build a PVC structure with eggcrate attached and add more plants along the other wall.

Pictures to follow of this fantastic discovery. Woo! I think it looks really nice and it'll give the fish someplace to hide and play in.

No comments:

Post a Comment