Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Eggs and More Eggs

This morning I got a load of new hyacinths from my pond exchange group and, as I was putting them into the pond, our huge orange dragonfly flew over and LAID EGGS. She flicked her tail in the water while flying, splashing and curling her tail down into the water next to the plants over and over. I looked it up and whaddyaknow, that's how they lay eggs.

I think she approves of the new plants. Adult dragonflies only live a few months so I sure hope her babies approve of the plants too. I need to see what the eggs look like so I can move some to the spa nursery to keep the goldfish from eating them all.

And the snail I gave my sister might have laid eggs. Huge mass of dots in a squishy jelly. Might be eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment