Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Worms

Since the turtles don't eat in front of me very often, I've been thinking of other types of food that they would like to entice them to eat just so I know they do. Worms would be easy to raise and I could leave them in a feeding area to ensure a good count of how many were eaten (likely all of them).

A bonus to the worm thing is that we could have the in the old aquarium and throw all of our compostable trash into it and the kids could see the worms eat and learn about composting. Red wiggler worms can double their population in 90 days or less, so it would be really easy to keep a sustainable level of worms for turtles and composting.

I am very excited about our new worm / composting possibility. I'll start after next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment