Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

And It Begins

I think I'm about to go pick up an unwanted 12 year old female red ear slider. Comes with a tank, basking rock, lamp, and ... some other stuff. She was a pet that the kids outgrew. From the pictures she looks like a female, but I can't be sure until I go get her. Since I missed out on my pond time last night, I sure could use a drive and this turtle happens to be all the way across town.

I'm sure she'll be happy in the pond once she adjusts to the new environment and location. The plan is to keep all new turtles in quarantine for two weeks to let them adjust and see if they're sick, then introduce them to the pond. I think I'll go fill the old, big tank in preparation for any newbies we get today.

There's the other one that we tried to get yesterday that's also on that side of town so I might swing by for that one too, if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment