Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Change of Plans

The car had other ideas for today, none of which included going across town to rescue a turtle.

What it did manage to do, however, is make it home after going to pick up three turtles from a couple who had been raising turtles for 18 years. I learned a lot about feeding, wintering, and hatching, and I got to take home three new pond-mates for Timmy.

One is named Chewy, because, when he was a very small turtle, a dog used him as a chew toy. His shell is a little wonky and he's a little bit of a different color (lighter around the edges), but that'll just help me distinguish him from the others.


The other two (whose names I forgot to get but I'll add those in later) are a male and laying female. They both look enough different from Timmy so I'm not worried about forgetting who is who. I am going to have to build a basking dock with access to sand or dirt, too, which coincides with my garden ideas. I have some planning to do!


Friends for Timmy! So far everyone is fine but I will be obsessively checking on them throughout the day and night. Also, I need to go pick up some oranges.

No comments:

Post a Comment