Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Minty

Got my water mint yesterday. I've never had plants shipped to me before, so I was really excited and really anxious; I had stuff to do until 11:00am and then I raced home to check the mail. The plant wasn't delivered until about 3:00pm but it was dropped off right to my door.

The two water mint plants were HUGE compared to what I had thought they'd look like. I put them into six inch pots (the only pots I had enough soil for) and used organic potting soil (which prevents me from putting them into the pool). Then I soaked them with the pond water until it ran out the bottom and I set them in partial sun.

A few hours later, they didn't look so great. I then took a plastic bin and put the pots inside it and filled it up with pond water. Later that night, they had perked up quite a bit. Yay plants!

With the soil in them, I know I can't put them along the side of the pond because any water runoff is brown and I don't want that in the pond. What I plan to do is take some cuttings once they recover enough from their travel and the new environment and start the cuttings in water. I hope to be able to put them in pots of sand and submerge the pots a few inches into the pond. We shall see; I have been learning patience and I know I can't rush into everything. I do hope they recover sufficiently by next week, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment