Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Dragonflies

Last night and this morning, I have seen the biggest dragonflies hovering around the pond. I don't mean, "Oh, that's a big dragonfly." I mean, "This thing is as long as the palm of my hand and looks dangerous!"

There was one bright orange one, one blue one, and a silver one this morning. They are so, so lovely.

I need to add in some perching sticks for them so they'll stick around and eat the mosquito babies that just came out of the water. I don't get how the fish missed those but I suppose with only 13 fish they can't cover the whole pool so some got through. Now with 50+ fish, I'm hoping they'll do the job better.

I do love those fish. They are getting so big - the originals I put in there that were only about an inch and a half long have now doubled in size. How cool is that?! Timmy hasn't eaten them all for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment