Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Trust

There's a lot of trust and letting go that I have to do while making and maintaining this pond.

I trust that the pleco has survived the night and is resting in his / her secret dark place that I found the other day. There's nothing else I can do - I can't hover, I can't keep lifting up the rock to make sure there's still a fish there, and worrying does absolutely nothing.

I trust that Timmy is keeping himself cool during the heat, which has been pretty hot lately. There is plenty of shade, though, and the water isn't overly hot, and again, worrying does absolutely nothing. I do intend to get more shade plants out there for him, though.

I don't do 'letting go' very well, nor do I do patience. But I'm learning to do both because I can't do anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment